Club Med Mauritius LA POINTE AUX CANONNIERS at best price
Live a colourful family getaway on one of the most luxurious islands in the world
Located in the far North of Mauritius, the Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers Resort looks like a peninsula. Its two idyllic beaches are protected from the wind and lined by former colonial houses with thatched roofs. Glide across the turquoise lagoon on your waterskis, then enjoy some time for yourself in the Zen infinity pool. Embark in a family diving adventure among coral reefs and swordfishes. Savour the delights of a tasting workshop led by one of France’s top wine sommeliers.
Located in the far North of Mauritius, the Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers Resort looks like a peninsula. Its two idyllic beaches are protected from the wind and lined by former colonial houses with thatched roofs.
Glide across the turquoise lagoon on your waterskis, then enjoy some time for yourself in the Zen infinity pool. Embark in a family diving adventure among coral reefs and swordfishes. Savour the delights of a tasting workshop led by one of France’s top wine sommeliers.
- Take advantage of the Resort’s prime location and vacation in paradise with your partner or family.
- The calm waters are ideal for water-skiing or Wake-boarding, as well as exploring the beautiful ocean depths while snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Chill out in the new Zen Space with its infinity pool facing the ocean, or recharge at the Club Med Spa, designed to look like a tropical Eden.
- Share a whole host of experiences with your children, such as the new family pool with water play facilities, and create memories that will last forever.
- Discover the wonders of Mauritius and fall under the twin spells of this diverse Resort and the Mauritian way of life.
Mauritius in brief
- Surface area: 1,865 sq km
- Capital: Port-Louis
- Official language: English
- Currency: Mauritian Rupee.
Make the most of your stay at La Pointe aux Cannoniers to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of Mauritius.
Celebrations and main events in Mauritius
- January: New Year (January 1st and 2nd) / The Thaipoosam Cavadee: Tamil festival (mid-January / early February)
- February: Abolition of slavery (February 1st) / Spring Festival, Chinese New Year (early February)
- March: Maha Shivaratree: Hindu Feast (February / March) / Anniversary of Independence declared in 1992 (March 12) / Ougadi: Hindu New Year (running in March)
- May: Labor Day (May 1st)
- August: Feast of the Assumption (August 15)
- September: Ganesh Chaturthi: Hindu festival (running in September).
- October: Divali: festival of light in tribute to the victory of God Ram on evil (October – November) / Ganga Asnan: Ganges festival (October-November)
- November: Toussaint (November 1st) / Anniversary of the arrival of the Indian hires (November 2nd)
- December: Creole Festival (early December) / Christmas (December 25) Eid-Ul-Fitr: Muslim festival marking the end of the month of Ramadan – month of fasting (the date varies every year)
Specialties in Mauritius
- Dishes: Curry (with meat), Vindaye (variant of pickles), rougail (Creole specialty with tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and spices), chutney (crushed spice mixture) …
- Fish: Tuna, captain, sea bream, red mullet, carp, emperor …
- Seafood: Crabs, periwinkles, tectecs, shrimps, octopus …
- Desserts: Exotic fruits (mango, lychee, papaya, guava, carambola, beef heart, grenadine …), sweet cakes, cakes …
The fauna and flora in Mauritius
- Flora: Flamboyant, filao, palm trees, hibiscus, anthuriums, fruit crops, bougainvillea …
- Fauna: Monkeys, deer, wild boars, mongooses, birds, crocodiles …
Shopping in Mauritius
- Handcrafts: Ship models, Madagascar tablecloths, baskets, wooden games, basketry …
- Spices and local products: Carry, peppers, salt, sugar, vanilla tea, Chamarel coffee, rum …
Some common expressions to know in Creole during your stay in Mauritius
- Hi : Bonzour
- Goodbye : Salam
- How do you do ? : Ki manière ?
- Please : Si ou plé
Curiosités à découvrir aux alentours du Village de La Pointe aux canonniers
Historic towns nearby:
- Grand’Baie is 7 km from Club Med.
A beautiful port that attracts many yachts. The bay is magnificent, with beautifully calm, clear waters.
Travel time: a 10-minute drive
- Port Louis is 20 km from the Resort.
This is the island’s main port. In the town centre, the Place d’Armes is the main square; the town grew from here. Visit the Jummah Mosque, the Chinese quarter, the pagides.
Travel time: a 30-minute drive.
Vaccinations, preventative treatments against diseases… It is essential that you check the required procedure before your departure.
- Hepatitis A and B
Some parasitic or viral diseases are carried by mosquitoes; we recommend that you use insect repellent for your skin and clothing suitable for the tropics
Presences within the Village:
- A nurse
- A medical consultant in charge of the Baby Club Med®
Passports & Visas
The Travel Advice and Advisories are the Government of Canada’s official source of destination-specific travel information. They give you important advice to help you to make informed decisions and to travel safely while you are abroad. http://travel.gc.ca/
- Toll free
- 1 800 572 4766
Or fill the form and one of our Club Med experts will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Opening hours
- Monday to friday8 AM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday9:30 AM to 4:30 PM(Except July, closed)
- Sunday closed