Club Med Turkey BODRUM at best price
Ideal for sports or just relaxing under the pines,this is a Club Med Resort for making new friends.
Known as the land of stunning blue, this vacation resort offers a historic town, a magnificent coast and beautiful untouched bays. At Bodrum Club Med you can enjoy sailing and windsurfing and experience the truly relaxing Mediterranean lifestyle.
- Regenerate your energy betweeen the Egean Sea and the pine trees.
- Dream whilst lying on the beach or the jetty
- Feel blown away whilst sailing on a catamaran or on a funboard.
- Enjoy the local specialities
- Discover* the riches of the region: Ephese, Pamukkale and Hierapolis**
* At an extra cost.
** Part of the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Turkey in brief
- Surface area: 783,562 sq km
- Capital: Ankara
- Official language: Turkish
- Currency: Turkish Lira.
Celebrations and main events in Turkey
- January: New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- April: Children’s Day (April 23)
- May: Youth and Sports Festival (May 19)
- August: Victory Day (August 30)
- October: National Day (October 29) / Every year the Antalya Film Festival takes place (in September or October)
- November: Minute of silence at 09:05 on the anniversary of the death of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (November 10)
Muslim religious holidays calendar
The Muslim festivities are set according to the Hegira calendar, based on the cycle of the moon (as the calculation of the Christian Easter). Dates vary each year.
- Ragaip Kandili, conception of the Prophet Muhammad
- Miraç Kandili, commemorates the last journey of the Prophet
- Berat Kandili, revelation to the Prophet
- Mevlid-i Nebi, birth of the Prophet
- Ramazan “Ramadan”, 9th month of the Muslim calendar, period of fasting and dawn abstinence at sunset
- Seker Bayram “Sugar Festival” marks the end of Ramadan and lasts 3 days
- Kurban Bayram, “The Feast of Sacrifice”, commemorates the sacrifice of Abraham is the main Feast of the religious year, takes place 70 days after the end of Ramadan
Les spécialités gastronomiques en Turquie
- Starters: borek (puff pastry filled with minced meat and cottage cheese), cacik (garlic, yoghurt and chopped cucumber salad), yayla corbasi (yoghurt soup with rice) …
- Main dishes: doner kebab (mutton grilled vertically and minced), sis kebab (grilled lamb kebab on charcoal), köfte (meatballs) …
- Desserts: loukoum (starch and sugar-based dough, topped with dried fruit or almonds, honey and pistachio), baklava (puff pastry with almond paste, honey and pistachio), sütlaç (rice pudding ) …
Wildlife and flora in Turkey
- Wildlife: bear, lynx, wild boar, wolf, leopard, raptors …
- Flora: fig, bougainvillea, oleander, orange, mandarin, date, apricot, cherry, hazel and many wild flowers, medlar …
Handcrafts: leather, natural sponges, blue glass local beads, carpets, embroidered cushion cover, cotton tablecloth. ..
Spices and local products: wide range of spices, nuts, pistachios and hazelnuts and large varieties of olives …
Some useful words to know during your stay in Turkey
- Hi: günaydin
- Bye: güle güle (from the person that stays) allaha ısmarladık (from the person that go)
- Thank You: tesekur ederim
- Yes / No: evet / hayır
- Please: lütfen
Make the most of your stay at Bodrum Palmiye to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Bodrum Palmiye Club Med is located 10 km from the lively seaside resort of Bodrum, a favourite destination for the well-off residents of Istanbul and nicknamed “the Turkish St Tropez”. It has fashionable shops and a marina: there is a great view over the town and bay from St Peter’s Castle.
Vaccinations, preventative treatments against diseases…
It is essential that you check the required procedure before your departure.
- Hepatitis A and B
Nurse available on site.
To prevent avian ‘flu, you should avoid markets selling birds of all descriptions, and zoos
Passports & Visas
The Travel Advice and Advisories are the Government of Canada’s official source of destination-specific travel information. They give you important advice to help you to make informed decisions and to travel safely while you are abroad.
No matter where you plan to travel, make sure you check the Travel Advice and Advisories page for your destination twice: once when you are planning your trip, and again shortly before you leave. Safety and security conditions may change between the date you book your travel and your departure date. https://travel.gc.ca/
- Toll free
- 1 800 572 4766
Or fill the form and one of our Club Med experts will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Opening hours
Monday to friday8 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday9:30 AM to 4:30 PM(Except July, closed)